I picked out the border that I began, which is what I was dreading all that time. I sat down with the pattern. I took a deep breath and made it through the first row. Feather and fan styled borders always give me trouble. So finicky.
I knitted until my yarn was nearly gone - only 9 rows into a 17 row border. I cast off. It was bliss! I had been knitting it on hat or mitten length circular needles, and I had no idea what this thing would look like not wadded up on such tiny needles. It was a less than ideal border, but I was satisfied to be finished.
The next night, I was sitting down and digging out supplies to work on the sweater I've been working on FOREVER for dh, when lo and behold, out of my knitting bag I pulled out the second ball of blue I bought because I didn't think I had enough. I thought I was already using that ball! Hooray!
Completely finished this masterpiece. Blocked it. Love it. Feast your eyes.
here. Clearly, I've made a few adjustments to the pattern. I took out the eyelet rows because of the color sections. I thought it would be too busy to have the colors and the eyelet rows.